In November 2015, I launched NOISE & SILENCE.
NOISE & SILENCE is a new publication, founded by Oxford University students. It aims to make music research accessible, provocative and enjoyable in a non-academic context, for everyone with an interest in music. We hope to become a platform for writing on all kinds of music, composing, creating, performing, listening to music and re-imagine the role of music in today’s society. We want to bring music research to the wider public, both by making a free-to-read website and also reimagining the reach of our content.
As Co-Founder and Editor, I’m responsible for:
- All stages of the editorial process, including liaising with writers to provide in depth feedback, negotiating drafts and deadlines
- Working closely with the Deputy Editor and Contributing Editors to approve final articles for publication
- Marketing, Social Media & Google Analytics
- Events Planning, liaising with Co-Founder Georgie Lee
- Managing correspondence
- Responsible for Fundraising: Raised £385 in 20 days via Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1237789291/noise-and-silence-magazine)
- Team Management, negotiating a team of editors and organising meetings